Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Very belated condolences to the friends and family of the great Julius Schwartz. I wanted to post something yesterday, but it has been extremely busy here.

I'm not nearly as into comics as I once was and frankly get all my 'news' on the industry from the occasional mentions by Mark Evanier or what Tony Isabella writes in his column (which he's kind enough to e-mail along to me). I didn't even hear of Mr. Schwartz' passing until Tuesday afternoon.

When Elayne and I were hitting the convention circuit we had the opportunity to meet him several times. No matter how busy he was he seemed happy to sign autographs or chat briefly with the numerous fans who came up to him.

For a certain generation of fans, Mr. Schwarz was almost as recognizable as Stan Lee. His imprint on the DC universe he monitored bore his distinct mark.

R.I.P. Julie! The industry will never find another one quite like you!

No comments: