Monday, February 23, 2004

Needless to say my note to Ralph Nader didn't seem to persuade him. *sigh*

I think it's a serious mistake, both for Nader's credibility (he just comes off as somebody who puts his own ego/agenda over that of the citizens he supposedly wishes to assist) and for the independent party movement. I'm the first to say that I believe the U.S. would be in a better situation if the current two-party system didn't seem a permanent fixture, but Nader, like Perot earlier, doesn't seem to really care what his candidacy will do. I fear that the few votes that Nader gets this time out, will tilt things in some states.

Granted neither Edwards nor Kerry are my dream candidate, but either would certainly be better on many issues than another four years of the current administration.

Shame on you, Ralph!

No comments: