Saturday, February 21, 2004

Here's the text of the letter I sent to the Raplh Nader 'exploratory site.'
Dear Mr. Nader,

I have been a long-time admirer of your efforts to correct the injustices and ill-considered policies of both major political parties. I've also felt it my duty and privilege to vote for you in your past election efforts. This time out I believe that such a run for the White House, would indeed do more harm than good.

I don't think that NOT running would automatically be seen as an endorsement of the Democratic nominee (whomever that may be at this point), but I do think that it would show people that you seriously think more of your push to make things better for all Americans than for any personal glory.

With all due respect for everything you stand for, I ask you to put aside a run for office at this time.

Respectfully,

Steve Chaput

No comments: