Monday, February 09, 2004

"The American people need to know they got a president who sees the world the way it is." President Bush on MEET THE PRESS.

I'm not even going to get into the thing at this point, since I did not watch the program, nor have I done more then read some excerpts. Perhaps I'm taking this all out of context, but I don't know how much confidence I have in him at this point.

When I was serving in the Navy and one of the ship's officers made some decision or gave an order which had most of us enlisted folks rolling our eyes, you could count on at least one non-com giving us the old, "You don't have to respect the man, but you must respect the uniform." Replace 'uniform' with 'office' and you'll see how I view the current occupent at 1600 Pennsylvannia Ave. How far that goes at this point is an open question.

No comments: