Friday, February 13, 2004

Thinking about a few of my bad habits today, since I've gotten e-mail dealing with them I thought I'd add a couple of links over to the left. One is for the Yankee Brew News, a website version of a newspaper promoting beer and home-brewing. My pal Gerry and I have had a lot of fun over the past few years hitting some of the reginal 'beer fests' and you can always depend on copies of the YBN and similar publications being given out. If you happen to be a beer drinker, or a brewer, you might want to check it out. It has links to similar publications and lists events happening around New England that you might want to drop by. Naturally, don't drink and drive!

I actually went to highschool with Pete Slosberg, who started Pete's Wicked Ale almost 20 yrs ago. A few years ago he sold his company (I still recommend the beer, even though Pete's no longer at the helm) and since he doesn't like to repeat himself he wanted to do something different. Looking around for something new he started Cocoa Pete's which puts out some of the most delicious chocolate treats you've ever had. He hasn't completely lost his fondness for beer, however and the company puts together 'chocolate & beer' get-togethers in the SF Bay area.

In case you're wondering I don't get anything for plugging either site, but just thought I'd like to share them with you. After all nothing says Happy Valentine like chocolate and a nice pale ale. :-)

No comments: