Saturday, February 21, 2004

I don't know who is funding this, but the folks over at Ralph Don't Run do make a lot of sense. I happily voted for Ralph Nader in both Presidential elections in which he ran. Even in 2000, with many of my Democratic friends urging me to vote for Al Gore, I felt that the Democratic nominee should win or loose on his own terms and I wanted to send a 'political message'. Sadly, the message I got was that the Supreme Court was loaded with Republicans who would take advantage of the situation in Florida to hand the election to someone they wanted.

I've already sent a brief note, via the RDN link, to the Nader site urging him to consider NOT running this time. I don't expect him to come out and endorse the Democratic nominee, but I think that he should realize that his entry into the election would cause more harm than good. My $.02 as usual.

No comments: