Friday, February 13, 2004

Found this piece from Rueters over on Iwon.com. When the late night shows latch on to something like this they'll not only milk it, but keep it in the public eye for quite a while. Doesn't appear that this National Guard issue will disappear as quickly as it did back in 2000.

Also, I linked to that article on Barbie yesterday, figuring that most folks would not hear about it. However, I guess I didn't realize what a slow news day it was and that both local news and the Today Show (this morning) would have a few minutes to fill. Reminds me of the stories on the Clark/Lois wedding that seemed to get so much airplay about a decade ago. Still, with the continuing situation in Iraq, the economy, turmoil in Haiti, etc. it is sad that so much ink and videotape can be used up on a promotional campaign.

Then again, Congress is having hearings on Janet Jackson's breast and Kid Rock wearing an American flag for a poncho.

Oh, and it's Friday the 13th, which seems to freak some folks out, but has never bothered me, since I was born on the 13th of December. Granted it was a Wednesday, but still I've always thought of the number as good. :-)

No comments: