Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Since the political season seems to be gearing up, I'm going to begin adding links over there on the side that may be of interest. Naturally, given my personal political leanings you can safely assume that most will be left-leaning. I sometimes think I'm one of the last folks who still thinks of himself as "Liberal" and isn't afraid to admit it.

The addition of the links that I'll be putting around should not prevent you from checking periodically (even daily if you have a chance) on Elayne's blog, where she has many more links then I would ever consider putting here. She was always the more political, even back in our dating days, so she remains more knowledgable.

I also want to recommend that you check out Mark Evanier's site, where he points out articles by folks on all sides of many issues. Mark is certainly more fair and balanced about linking than I could ever claim to be and that's why I try and check out his page daily.

My first link is to Joshua Micah Marshall's "Talking Points Memo" site where he is generally right on top of (if not leading the way) on major political issues. His recent articles and links to the Texas redistricting scandal, the "Niger/Iraq" uranium non-event and his great coverage of events leading up to the war have been eye-opening. I have to thank Mark Evanier for his repeated links to Josh which finally led to me bookmarking his site.

Oh, and in case anybody is wondering, I'm seriously looking at Howard Dean. I realize that Gary Trudeau is making fun of Dean and his followers, but the guy is making some points. Hell, even Ralph Nader has implied that he will refrain from running should Dean become a serious Democratic nominee. I'm not totally in his camp yet, but have seen few other Democratic candidates who I could strongly support.

No comments: