Monday, July 07, 2003

Hope you folks had as nice a Fourth of July weekend as I did. Donna and I got to spend a couple of days with her daughter Kristina and her partner Devin. They stayed with us from Thursday until Saturday morning, when they had to get back to Brooklyn. The four of us went to my eldest sister Pam's house for a cook-out on Friday. It wasn't difficult to stick to our WW points plan, since we took along a veggie platter to munch on.

I also had my first venison in I don't know how many years. Probably a good 30 or so, back when my Grandmother would take me along to the annual Sprague Rod & Gun Club benefit. My Uncle Junius was a member, and also a cook for these feasts. Venison was always on the menu, along with various wild fowl and I recall at least once that they moose on the menu.

Sorry, if this bothers some folks, but while I would never hunt myself I certainly don't automatically condemn those who do.

Later, with more stuff!

No comments: