Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Later tonight, after Donna and I attend our weekly WW meeting (followed by dinner at one of our favorite places) I'm going to plop myself down and watch the All-Star Game. I have to admit that I'm really a half-way fan of baseball and probably couldn't name more than a dozen current MLB players, but I still enjoy watching the All-Star game and generally the World Series (if only to cheer for anyone playing against the Yankees).

Over at Slate.com Alan Barra has a nice column looking at the rather mediocre (to say the least) team that is being presented. I have to admit that I did my part and actually voted this year (as I did for the last few), mostly by voting for any Boston Red Sox player for the American League team and just about anybody I had heard good things about for any other position.

While I'm sure that I'll enjoy the game, unless it's one of those blowouts or a 'slap in the face' like last year. If interested in how things have changed read This Is an All-Star Team? I couldn't agree more!

No comments: