Monday, July 21, 2003

It was a pretty uneventful weekend at Chez Chaput. Donna and I did some shopping (I needed a couple of new pairs of dress shoes, for upcoming weddings and the Caribbean cruise in September.) on Saturday. Then we spent the rest of the day catching up on laundry, which is made somewhat easier now that we have a small portable washer in the apartment. I still have to go down to the basement to use the dryer, but even then many items we can just hang up.

Sunday we didn't even leave the house, but used the relatively nice weather to give the apartment a nice airing out and do some long neglected housekeeping. I can generally keep up with the cat hair and other things, by weekly vacuuming, but I have to admit that dusting has never been a favorite leisure activity. I think the last major cleaning was around X-mas, priior to putting up the decorations and tree.

We'll see if the kids (namely step-daughter Kristina and her partner, Devin) even notice. :-)

Oh, I did get a chance to hit Clockwork Comics last Friday and pick up a couple of weeks worth of stuff. I hope to have some reviews later this afternoon and tomorrow. On Saturday, i also picked up a 2 DVD collection of 'westerns', including four with Randolph Scott and the infamous THE OUTLAW (supposedly directed by Howard Hughes and featuring the full-figured Jane Russell). Hey, eight movies for over 11 hours of western fun & games! I'll have reviews of some of them as I watch them, plus some more comments about my love of westerns in general.

No comments: