Thursday, March 20, 2008


Two quick things I'd like to mention to folks considering using computers in the library.

1) We librarians really don't need to know your business or private life. We are here to assist you with the electronic resources we have for your use and are happy to do so.

2) If you might possibly have naked photographs of yourself on a disk or USB drive, it is probably not wise to ask us to assist you in accessing such material.

Thank for your kind attention. I going to go put my head under a faucet now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!! I wondered when this will happen to me..jeez. The worst for me so far was Travis (remember him at Ridgewood) when he needed help saving the pictures of the 8 year olds he'd later make moist

Joe

Steve Chaput said...

Bwahaha! Yeah, I remember poor Travis. You would feel bad for him, but also a bit skeeved.

The bad/good thing was that the young lady I was helping was very pretty. She was a semi-regular but I don't know that she'll be coming around to this branch any longer.

I reported the incident to my supervisor, just to cover my ass, since you never know. Even though I was only trying to do what she asked.