Monday, March 10, 2008


Holy crap! I just read that NY Governor Elliot Spitzer is stepping down. According to what the New York Times reports Spitzer has 'links' to a prostitution ring which is being investigated. The governor's name came up during wiretapped conversations of some sort.
I'm sorry to hear this as I have always had a lot of respect for Spitzer and voted for him back in 'o6. Just goes to show you can never tell what's going on.
I'll be following this story and am really curious to hear what my friends back in NYC have to say on the issue.

3 comments:

Elayne said...

I'm pretty stunned by it. I always liked Spitzer.

Anonymous said...

He didn't actually resign yet though perhaps that's inevitable at this point. I liked Spitzer too, especially as Attorney General. As governor he's had it rough. The sad thing is Wall Street is celebrating hard about this which says a lot I think....of course I think what he did should be legal anyway

Joe

Steve Chaput said...

I think like lots of folks I jumped the gun, expecting that Spitzer would announce his resignation at the news conference.

I fully expect it later today, if it hasn't happened already.

As with Bill Clinton, we have a personal weakness tarnishing the record of what the man has accomplished prior to his fall from grace.