Wednesday, December 21, 2005

"Yow! Are we having fun yet?"

The second day of the transit strike is beginning much the same as yesterday. I'm still here at McKinley Park and have a strange feeling that tomorrow won't be much different. If this keeps up I may find myself driving into Queens on Saturday just to see if Ridgewood is still standing.

I actually feel rather guilty as I do have work that should be done and here I am pretty much goofing off. The library here is pretty quiet until the kids get out of school in the afternoon. Time for blogging and net surfing while being paid the Big Bucks we civil servants pull in. :-)

Hope that both sides will come to some sort of agreement so that things return to normal by Friday, if not sooner. My heart is with the TWU (local and not the International, which seems to be turning on the strikers for whatever short term goals it seeks for itself), but I don't know how much longer the average New Yorker will feel that way.

No comments: