Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Like a number of progressives who lived in Connecticut, the junior Senator was never a particular favorite. Joe Lieberman has always resembled a moderate Republican more than a 'real' Democrat in my book. As time's gone by I think more and more folks are beginning to agree. He and others like him (by which I mean Dems in name only) have pushed the Party more and more towards being a watered down GOP.

With this in mind you can imagine my delight when I heard that Former Gov. & Senator Lowell P. Weicker Jr. is considering a bid to unseat Lieberman. Then Senator Weicker was the commencement speaker when I received my Assoc. of Science degree from Three Rivers (then Mohegan Community) College. He is also the only Republican I have ever voted for for state-wide office in my thirty plus years of voting. Fingers crossed the people of Connecticut remember just how good he was and return him to D.C. where we can certainly use him.

No comments: