Friday, December 16, 2005

This past week two radio shows, both of which I’m a fan, are going off the air. Both Air America’s MORNING SEDITION and Howard Stern’s radio show are leaving the airwaves. I don’t know what I’m going to listen during my morning commute now.

I began listening to Mark Riley and Marc Maron from their first broadcasts last year. Sadly, the Powers That Be at Air America feel that they must make some changes and this is one of them. Mark Riley, who has been around NY radio for years, will still be on but I’m going to miss the sketches, characters and general zaniness that he and Maron would get into. Sure, they were doing a progressive take on the “Morning Zoo” type of show, but they were really good at it.

Marc & Mark, along with Al Franken, actually made us believe that John Kerry would win last year. Now they were keeping the Bush Admin’s feet to the fire as things began going wrong for G.W. & Co. Even without MORNING SEDITION, Air America Radio is a comfort to my liberal heart and soul.

No comments: