Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I'm always amused by the decisions that folks in administration make. (In this case we're talking about Queens Library admin, not those folks down in DC.) Neighborhood libraries, like banks belonging to larger mega-banks, are generally referred to as 'branches'. It has been decided that this has some type of negative stigma so from now on those neighborhood libraries will be called "community libraries", thus letting the patrons (who must be called customers now) that we're here to serve their needs. I'm sure there was some type of focus group and highly paid researchers involved along the way, but that's out of my league.

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is that my title is not Branch Library Manager, but rather Community Library Manager. You can now just call me...er, CLM! I couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

Elayne said...

Yes, HB, CLM!