Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Hope that Santa was good to everyone. Mrs. Claus gave me a new Sony Walkman to replace the one that finally died on me. I get looks from folks and even a few comments as I seem to be the last person riding the subway listening to cassettes. I haven't moved up to a portable CD player, yet alone MP3. As Elayne will vouch I have dozens of tapes, both music and Old Time Radio that I can't part with.

We spent part of the holiday with Donna's family and I had way too much food. It's strange stuffing myself with pasta and fish dishes, having grown up in a family that kept to the traditional Christmas turkey. The idea was to have only recently finished off the frozen remains of the Thanksgiving feast and to make the X-mas bird last into the New Year. If you've ever seen A CHRISTMAS STORY (one of my Top Five favorite movies) you'll get some idea of how important that turkey was in the Chaput household.

2 comments:

Elayne said...

Are you still on videotapes as well, or have you graduated to DVDs? I have a bunch of audio cassettes I'll need to send you once we've converted those over to CDs or MP3s...

Steve Chaput said...

Donna and I got rid of all but a few of our VHS tapes when Kristina bought us a DVD player a couple of years ago.

Most of the tapes we still have are things (like my Howard Stern tapes) which aren't available on DVD, or at least we haven't found them yet.