Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Well, I never had a chance to get back yesterday and I really have nothing of note to add today. Unlike some folks I guess I never really got into the daily journal habit, so I have a tendency only to jump in when I remember. Fortunately, breathing is one of those involuntary things you do or I'm sure that I'd be passing out several times a day. :-)

Anyway, congrats to John Kerry, who got my vote here in Connecticut. Not that he apparently needed it!

Weird that Bush should call the Senator congratulating him on his victory. What's that all about? Sounds like something G.W. aids came up with to 'make him seem Presidential' or whatever. Also, I've read that Bush met unannounced with some of the Washington Press Corps to speak 'unofficially and off the record.'

Personally, if I was in the media I'd probably stick to refusing to play that game, but I guess that will never be a problem. I can't see myself ever being a member of the press, nor can I imagine any politician in his/her right mind taking me into their confidence regarding anything. On the other hand, I'm sure that Bush & Co. knew that it wouldn't take long for the meeting to become public knowledge, nor for one or more of the newsfolk to leak something (just to show that they were one of those called in, if for no other reason).

Give me a second and I'll be back with a few thoughts on Atlantic City.

No comments: