Friday, March 05, 2004

There's an article from Reuters which talks about the unemployment figures for February. Apparently the 'experts' are once again surprised that their estimates are off. "Boy, shouldn't we have had two hundred thousand new jobs instead of twenty? The President said we would!"

I had a pop-up ad this morning from the Republican National Committee (which, of course, doesn't endorse a specific candidate..ahem) showing a picture of Senator Kerry. The ads reads something along the lines of "The economy is improving and the Democrats don't know what to do about it." Apparently, neither do I since I don't see much improvement anywhere.

I haven't seen the Bush/Cheney ads yet, and frankly if I never do I'll be a happy camper, but I expect to catch them eventually. Seems some of the families of those who died on 9/11 are upset that the Bush campaign would use images of that event, plus scenes of firefighters carrying flag draped bodies, for 'political reasons.' If it wasn't so sad it would be laughable to think that the GOP wouldn't. Then again, the Democrats would probably do the same, if they were in the White House right now. Still you would think that somebody in the RNC would feel that it is distasteful to use the memory of the tragedy for cheap emotional effect. Call me naive. :-(

No comments: