Thursday, March 25, 2004

There comes a point in your life, especially when you're in the midst of a job search when you figure that you might as well take a chance on something different. I've been a librarian since the mid-1980s and for most of that time I've generally enjoyed my career choice. On the other hand, since I'm only getting a few nibbles to the dozens (seems like hundreds)of resumes I've sent out I've started looking in other directions.

Anyway, yesterday while checking a library job site I spotted something I'd never seen before. It was a posting for a Ship's Librarian! I'm not going to say where, just in case there's another job seeker with an MLS lurking about, but even though the job is only a temporary position how could I NOT at least give it a try.

I'll let you know if I hear anything and if I do what happens. The job will start in about a month and one of the requirements is a current passport. Damn, but I'd love this gig!

No comments: