Thursday, February 13, 2003

I don't know about you, but last year when they announced FREE COMIC BOOK DAY I made sure that I was able to hit the local shop. I mean it's not like I don't have way too many comics, especially of the unread variety laying around. Still, if I have the chance to sample a comic I might otherwise not buy, well, why not?

Hell, when I used to go to conventions on a regular basis the 'freebie' table was usually the first place I'd hit after paying my way. To be honest, I think there are still some comics I picked up at a San Diego convention five-six years ago that I still haven't cracked the spine on. :-)

Anyway, if the response to the last FCBD is any indication the event seems to have been a success and the publishers who took part last time around (this time joined by hold outs) have even more goodies that they'd like us to sample.

If you haven't been paying attention you might want to drop in on their Free Comic Book Day site

Then circle Saturday, May 3rd on your calendar and head on over the the closest shop. Pick up a book you normally wouldn't bother with and give it a try. It's free, ya know?

No comments: