Thursday, February 20, 2003

First off, my apologies for not posting for the past few days. We got hit hard by the Storm Daniel (When the Hell did they start naming blizzards for pete's sake?) here in Connecticut and the University was closed both Monday & Tuesday. Since I very rarely go online from home things had to wait until I had some free time here at work.

Anyway, we've dug ourselves out (I actually had to go out three times to keep the snow from burying the car and still had to get a helping hand from a neighbor to get the car out of its resting place.), so we're keeping our fingers crossed that any further snow doesn't really amount to much.

Before I go on I want to point out a new link to the Blog site of Elayne Riggs (former wife and co-conspirator of many years). Elayne and I began corresponding back in the early 1980s, when I subscribed to her newsletter INSIDE JOKE. For years she was Queen of the rac* groups on Usenet and she can still write rings around most folks I know. We don't always agree (Heck, even when we were married we didn't always see eye-to-eye!), but she is never boring. Click on the link over there and see what she's ranting about nowadays! :-)

Btw, as I mentioned previously I had submitted the review of THE CLUB DUMAS to Joe Bob Briggs in hopes that he'd consider me as a book reviewer for his site. You can imagine how excited I was when he actually wrote back saying I got the gig. Pretty cool, huh? I'll keep you all updated on when any review of mine is going to be posted. (If possible I'll also post it here, after it is 'published' on Joe Bob's site, or if that is a problem, I'll just let you know that you can go over there and check it out yourself.)

No comments: