Friday, February 28, 2003

Damn, but I'm a sucker for stories about the 'rich and powerful'. Dominick Dunne's program on Court TV is one of my favorites, dealing as it does with scandals involving the very, wealthy. In fact, I'm currently listening to an audiobook version of Dunne's Justice: Crime, Trials & Punishments.

I'm also a sucker for Court TV in general, which seems aimed at folks like me.

The reason I mention this was because of an article by John Bloom (check the link to Joe Bob Briggs and click on "Clueless Celebrities?" ) about the Catherine Zeta-Jones/Michael Douglas lawsuit over photographs taken at their wedding. One of Zeta-Jones comments about it not being about the 1.6million dollars they were paid by a British tabloid, since that was "a lot of money maybe to a lot of people in (the courtroom), but it is not that much for us.", certainly puts her in the 'out of touch'/Marie Antoinette category.

No comments: