Tuesday, February 11, 2003

As you can see, I've been posting a bit today. Not that it makes up for forgetting to update the site for days on end, but I generally try not to post unless something comes to mind that I think may be of interest.

I'll also try not to bore folks with my political opinions, since there are much better writers and certainly better informed folks already posting Blogs that deal with the day's events. You don't need my two-cents.

That said I do want to let folks know about a site of which you may not already be aware. The organization UNITED FOR PEACE seem to be swimming against the popular tide, at least if you believe the polls that say that the American people will join the unelected President in his personal agenda. Hell, I actually was against the original war in the Persian Gulf and you could probably find better rational for that one, since there was actual provocation in the form of the invasion of Kuwait. Still, if the then current US adminstration (under George I) had pressured Saddam then it seems unlikely that he would have done anything, but of course he wasn't part of the "Axis of Evil" at that point, was he?

Anyway, while I doubt that there is anything that the anti-war faction can do at this point we should at least remember that there is a segment of the American populace that doesn't favor sending troops to kill and be killed for ill-conceived purposes. Hit the link over on the side and see what some folks have in mind.

No comments: