Tuesday, January 08, 2008




I moved some of the links around over on The Left and eliminated a couple. There are also a few more that I plan to add sooner rather than later, since they are political in nature and this is the year for that sort of thing.

Speaking of politics, if you get a chance you might want to take a swing over to USA TODAY and try the "Candidate Match Game" they have up. You are asked eleven questions on various issues (Iraq, health care, etc.) and the results will supposedly find the candidate closest to how you feel. It was a nice surprise, if rather sad, to find that one of the three was Senator Chris Dodd, who I had been supporting, but who has since dropped out of the race.

The two remaining are Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel. I have always liked Kucinich, but never really have thought of him having any chance. As for Gravel (former Democratic Senator from Alaska) I honestly forget he's running, since the guy gets no mention at all. Checking out his website & blog I found that I'd have no problem voting for the guy! Hell, Noam Chomsky even has some nice things to say about him.
As things stand now it will be either Kucinich or Gravel who get my vote in the February primary out here.

1 comment:

Elayne said...

Didn't Gravel drop out when Biden and Dodd did?

I'm also disappointed that Dodd's out, he was my first choice as well (largely based upon your experiences with him).