Thursday, January 24, 2008


I can not begin to tell you how sorry I was to read that Dennis Kucinich is ending his bid for the Democratic nomination.

While it has been apparent almost from the beginning that he had little or no chance of succeeding, at least he was in there bringing up subjects some of the others would not. I found myself in agreement with him on almost every single issue, and once Chris Dodd dropped from the race I felt that Kuchinich would be my choice in the upcoming primary.

I have to be honest in saying that I'm not thrilled, but will probably be voting for John Edwards on that Tuesday. He is by no means the ideal candidate, but that person probably doesn't exist.
The Horse's Mouth blog yesterday ran an item saying that a majority of Americans feel that one of the people currently running in the two major parties would be acceptable. According to those same polls it is felt that there really is no need for a Third Party in this country. We're all happy just the way things are.
Guess those thousands of folks voting Green, Independent, Constitution, Freedom, Libertarian, etc. should just fold up their card tables, put away those petitions to get candidates on the ballot and shut up. Two political parties were just fine for George Washington so they should be...what? Oh..that's right.

No comments: