Thursday, May 20, 2004

So okay,I'm going through my morning e-mail in my Iwon.com account and find this in the Entertainment newsletter. This is for a new 'unscripted series" called THE SWAP.

** "On this show two married women switch places with one another for 10 days, living with the other's family and taking on the other woman's household duties. At the end of the 10 days, the families get together to discuss what they experienced., I'm going through my morning e-mail in my Iwon.com account and find this in the Entertainment newsletter."**

ABC bought the U.S. rights to this British 'reality show' and hope to get it up and running for the fall season. They've changed the name from "Wife Swap", but otherwise the concept is the same. According the the newsletter and a few other articles I found online this show is extremely popular "across the pond."

Personally, I can't begin to list the number of ways in which this is WRONG! Going beyond any sexual tension which may arise (and you know that in some cases there will be some, even if the production crew has to edit it in) what kind of therapy are the children going to need?

Sadly, I'm probably curious enough to actually tune in for at least a few minutes.

No comments: