Sunday, May 09, 2004

For the second year, I'm taking part in a study on "Involuntary Autobiographical Memory." It's quite interesting and also nice to get paid a few bucks for doing what comes natural. We all have these 'flashbacks' to moments in our past, some of which can be intensely vivid. We actually relive those moments, often with emotions mirroring those we felt at the time.

Anyway, for two weeks I have been keeping a journal of when these 'autobiographical memories' occur. The hardest part is trying to figure out what the 'cue' was in each case, which of course is one of the things the study is trying to discover.

No particular reason for mentioning this at this time, but I knew that I'd probably forget to mention it all if I didn't get it down while thinking about it.

I guess it's sort of like a 'dream journal' which I've never kept, but do know folks who have done so almost religiously. A former gal pal was pretty fanatical about it, often doing drawings or comic strips based on her dreams. Then again this lady was an odd one in just about all things she did, obsessive in one way or another in her relationships and what she did.

No comments: