Sunday, May 09, 2004

Man,it always freaks me out when Blogger suddenly decides to change the layout of everything!!

Anyway, just read on Mark Evanier's column that Alan King has passed away. I remember watching King on Johnny Carson, Ed Sullivan and just about every other old variety show.
He always seemed angry,which i guess was his persona. I mean, he was funny but i always had the feeling that he might not be the most pleasant guy in person.


If I remember correctly Elayne and I caught King at the Toyota Comedy Festival back in '96. Am i right on that? I recall he was the MC and actually did a pretty good job, handing the show over to younger comedians.

It really is sad that so many of the legends of the comedy world seem to be passing and so few of the modern ones will have the sort of staying power the greats had.

R.I.P. funny man (to coin a phrase)

No comments: