Saturday, April 17, 2004

Well, trying to move some boxes and assorted stuff out of our rear hallway the other day, I did something and threw out my back. I have a feeling it was when I tried to (stupidly, as it turns out) open the garage door with one hand while balancing some boxes on one hip. I felt something go and could only hope that it would pass, as it sometimes does. Sadly, I'm now resembling an "S" and can't even stand up straight.

The Good Doctor hooked me up with some anti-inflammatory and pain-killers, so I'm working in a kind of haze (which back in the 70s I probably would have paid good money for). I'm hoping that the drugs, attempting not to aggrevate anything and the new FIRMER mattress (to be delivered later today) will help me out. I have that interview at SUNY on Tuesday and don't want the search committee to think their hiring some 'old man.'

No comments: