Monday, April 19, 2004

I only caught a few minutes of the 60 MINUTES interview with Bob Woodward last night, but this article over at the CBS site covers the highlights. It will be interesting to see how this stuff is spun by the White House, especially the rather damning (IMHO) suggestions that secret plans dealing with the Iraq invasion were shown to the Saudi royal family.

Towards the end of the column make note of what G.W. has to say about his father. I don't want to go all Oedipal on this, but there does seem to be something Freudian about the whole thing, don't you agree?

"‘He is the wrong father to appeal to for advice. The wrong father to go to, to appeal to in terms of strength.’ And then he said, ‘There's a higher Father that I appeal to.’" " Brrr!!

I can only hope that something is made of the prospect that the Saudi's may have something up their sleeve come end of October. Given the known ties between the Bush and Saudi royal families, it give me a bad feeling and I hope that somebody in Congress has the balls to call for an investigation.

Also, I was able to hear the last half hour of John Dean's appearance on C-SPAN Book TV. Like the Woodward and Clarke books, Dean's would be pretty damning if the mainstream media actually began looking into some of the claims made.


No comments: