Monday, April 05, 2004

Nothing whatsoever of import to say, but did want folks to know that I'm still looking for a new position. I have an interview lined up next week at an out-of-state university and have my fingers crossed.

Donna and I attended the wedding of one of my nephews at a wonderful place in New London, CT. The Lighthouse Inn overlooks Long Island Sound, so even on an overcast day there is a nice view from the restaurant. It's always nice to get together with my family, and like many folks I really don't do that often enough.

Of the many nice memories I'll have of this day there was one that stood out. My nephew Teddy, has a son Brandon. Brandon is going on twelve and was not only the ring barer for the ceremony, but also asked to give the toast. You can imagine the reaction when he stood, lifted his water glass and asked us to join him in saluting his father and "my new mom." Yeah...We all felt that way and were glad to have something to sip due to those lumps in our throats. :-)

I think I'm getting sentimental in my old age.

No comments: