Friday, April 23, 2004

As if I don't waste enough time, I decided to actually vote in this year's WEBBY AWARDS, which means I had to actually check out some sites I've never visited before. It really is amazing at some of the creative and informative stuff out there. I highly recommend that you give some of them a try and certainly take a few minutes to vote for you faves.

I voted for a few I was already familiar with like The Smoking Gun, Live 365 (where I'm hooked on the Old Time Radio stations, especially the episodes of Hopalong Cassidy & Gunsmoke), The Onion (which is fantastic in print & online) and, of course, Google.com (without which even we Librarians would be lost).

I also had a chance to sample a number of others, but I'll leave that up to you. The only one that I'll probably be visiting (and using frequently) is Everything2.com, where I ended up spending over an hour jumping from one thing to another. Way cool and certainly got my vote for "Technical Achievement". Steve Bob says check it out!

No comments: