Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Cartman would probably call me a "tree-hugging hippie", but I was a little bothered by the storyline in last night's NAVY:NCIS. Don't want to give any major plot points away, but I was disturbed by the way that environmental protestors were portrayed. Not only was the villain in the piece revealed to be a enviro-terrorist, but the show seemed to smear those folks who have serious questions about the use of certain type of radar, which may interfere with the communication and lives of whales.

At one point the show's lead, Mark Harmon, suggests to a guard at the camp gate that he shoot a group of protestors outside the base. Boy, I certainly got a chuckle out of that!

I've mentioned that I generally like this show, and personally have always liked Harmon as an actor, but it does bother me and I think sends a bad message. Then again the show is produced by Donald P. Bellisario, whose FIRST TUESDAY, was supposed to be CBS' answer to the 'leftist' WEST WING.

No comments: