Friday, October 31, 2003

Well, Happy Halloween to everyone out there in Blog land. Hope that you stay safe and survive whatever you have planned. Remember to check those goodies for hidden dangers and illegal substances before indulging. As the Sarge used to say on HILL STREET BLUES, "Let's be careful out there." :-)

Personally, the only thing I'll miss is not being able either attend in person, or view on TV the annual Village Halloween Parade. Next to Brooklyn's own Mermaid Parade and the Gay Pride March, the Halloween Parade is probably one of the most entertaining events you can attend free of charge in the city. Trust me, the Macy's Parade can be fun in small doses, but you have to experience the Village parade at least once to be a 'real' New Yorker. :-)

I think I saw my first costume here on campus earlier today. Then again, having never gone to a single sporting event here at UNH, the young lady might very well have been a cheerleader in uniform. Do they often were knee-high black boots and mesh stockings? Didn't back when I went to high school, but then I'm not much on today's fashions.

Donna and I are seriously considering going into Brooklyn for the weekend, if only to get together with some friends we haven't seen for a while. Unfortunately, this will mean having to deal with the tailend of the marathon on our return trip this coming Sunday.

In the close to fifteen years I lived in Brooklyn I can only remember twice actually viewing any part of the event in person. Once when trying to get to class, while attending Pratt Institute, and the other when I had to get to work one Sunday, only to find that I had to detour several blocks and then sneak past a police barricade. Please, don't get me started on my anti-marathon rant!

No comments: