Monday, October 20, 2003

Got the first advance e-mail regarding the Great International Beer Festival in Providence. This is the tenth annual event and I've attended the past two.

If you happen to be a fan of beer than you might want to consider checking out the site and see if it interests you at all.

I don't know if my pal Gerry and I will be going again this year, since I submerged my car a few months ago. Still it is a lot of fun and you'll probably never have a chance to sample so many different brands and kinds of beers in one place.

My personal recommendation is to attend the event (either afternoon or evening session) and then hit one of the restaurants that Providence has to offer. I happen to like Fire & Ice a fun 'all you can eat' place, where you choose your ingredients and watch the chefs cook it in front of you. This allows you to sober up so you're not hitting the road under the influence.

Another recommendation is to head to Border Books and spend a few hours browsing. Have some coffee or tea in the cafe and then hit the road.

Don't let anyone say that we don't look out for you here.

No comments: