Thursday, October 02, 2003

Boy, things have been so busy here at UNH that I've had barely enough time to go through my e-mail let alone post anything here. I have a few spare moments tonight so I'll try to get in a few comments.

Rush said something offensive? I'm shocked! Do you hear me? Shocked! Non-story, move along.

Nothing will apparently prevent Arnold from becoming governor of California. It really doesn't matter what he said more than a decade ago in a magazine, or who he gropped in some elevator. His fans and admirers still feel that he is going to make some radical changes in the way the state is run. They have become so disenchanted with mainstream politicians that they will try anything different. It's all but a done deal, unless a felony pops up in the guy's past, but I doubt anything major will be revealed this weekend. The man has it in the bag.

The Bush White House has a leak, and G.W. really doesn't care since it can't comeback to him, so it is another non-story. The Republicans will block any sort of independent investigation and we all know that the Justice Dept. will drag this out until another story grabs the headlines. Then the thing will be dropped and nobody in the media (the corporate media, anyway) will remember anything ever happened.

More people have lost their jobs, more people are living in poverty and more children are going hungry. There's nothing new and nothing to report, so let's focus on whether or not Ben & Jen are secretly married. The news programs give us all they feel we need to know in ten minutes and then fill the rest of the show with feel-good stories. If something happened anywhere in the U.S. or the world that was caught on video it is more important to show that than to do a serious report on anything.

I have access to news and information 24/7 and feel that I was better off when I was doped up with Wifey #1 and didn't have a TV. No news is good news, especially if you don't know you're ignorant.

No comments: