Monday, October 13, 2003

Spent a good part of the past weekend shopping for furniture. Both Donna and my recliners have seen better days so we made the decision that since we had some money set aside (thanks to the insurance settlement following my automobile accident) we'd use it to improve our living space. Why can't things ever be simple?

We hit several stores on Saturday and Sunday, but ended up going back to Bob's Furniture. For those in the New England area you're probably familiar with Bob and his wife popping up seemingly several times an hour on just about every station. One of the benefit of cable advertising, I guess. Anyway, the place is close by and the prices are certainly comparable to the other stores, being cheaper than most.

Anyway, unless we change our minds again (and by that I mean Donna deciding we've spent way too much) we're going to go tonight and pay for the merchandise in full. Somehow the recliners turned into an entire living room set (recliner, sofa/recliners, coffetable, two end tables w/lamps) but I suppose it is a good investment.

Stay tuned and I'll let you know if we go through with it, or not. :-)

No comments: