Thursday, October 16, 2003

Okay, it's time for "More Than You Need To Know", which was a common household phrase that I used to hear all the time, to paraphrase Groucho.

Being a life-long fan of comics, both strips and books, it probably isn't strange that at a certain point in my life I ran across Tijuana Bibles. There have been several books written on these 8-page precursors to mini-comics and undergrounds. I have the Bob Adelman book home on my shelf, next to books on MAD magazine, manga and other comics related material.

My first exposure (pardon the expression) to the TBs were several that a cousin had discovered. When you are a couple of thirteen year olds finding out that Popeye and Olive were doing more than kissing was quite a revelation, believe me.

Anyway, I discovered this site on Tijuana Bibles and wanted to point it out to anyone else remotely interested. Be warned that some of the art is pretty graphic and even pretty offensive in some cases. You probably shouldn't even go there if you don't like that sort of thing.

I'll try to go back to being PG-13 from now on, but I couldn't resist pointing this site out.

No comments: