Friday, October 24, 2003

Apparently, if I go to sleep before the game ends the Yankees lose. I blame myself now for actually watching the BoSox/Yankees series and jinxing my boys. Anyway, coincidence or not, it does do my heart good to see that at least the Marlins aren't making it easy for the Bums.

I was actually surprised last evening to see a report on the ABC evening news investigating the sweetheart deals that Haliburton has gotten in Iraq. While it certainly isn't a surprise to anyone halfway paying attention, it is nice to see the mainstream broadcast media actually speaking up. I doubt that this will have any effect come the actual election, since nothing else the Bushies have done seem to have removed the blinders from the majority of Americans. Still let's hope that this stuff does cause a moment or two of discomfort for G.W. come the campaign next year.

No comments: