Thursday, September 04, 2008

Okay, WE just might be in trouble here!
By 'we' I mean Progressives/Liberals & just plain old fashioned (pre-Reaganite) Democrats. While on vacation I had a chance to speak to a few folks about the upcoming election and the Left Blogosphere really is out of touch with the mainstream. Of course, most of us were surprised by the outcome in '04, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

One of my good friends, whose opinion I respect, was a Hillary supporter who found herself 'leaning towards McCain' (to quote her), but was finding him increasingly disturbing. She was beginning to feel that Obama might be a better choice, which certainly made me happy. Then came the announcement by the Old Man, that he was picking Caribou Barbie as his running mate.

Last night I got a call, around midnight her time back east. Her first words to me were "You're in trouble!", after which she started laughing. "She's feisty!" Again her words.

Now, 'feisty' isn't the first thing I look for in a candidate, but I'm stupidly optimistic enough to believe that issues count for something. Again, I'm part of the Left which is out of touch.

We are in deep doo-doo, my friends!

No comments: