Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I don't even know what to say about the AIG bailout and the whole financial sh*tstorm brewing on Wall Street. Frankly, as The Old Man said a few times, "I don't understand much about Economics." This is way over my head and I'm not too proud to admit it.

I remember taking only two Economics classes in college (Micro & Macro) and don't think I got above a 'B' in either. Also, it took me three colleges and a CLEP exam to get that undergrad degree, so I can sympathize with poor Sarah on going to all those schools.

If you missed McSame on the various news shows the other day, you might want to check out the "Chicken in every pot" video over at TPM. You'll see him repeating the same phrases on each show and sometimes stumbling. Personally, I almost feel sorry for him, since it's obvious that he's uncomfortable and probably doesn't even understand what he's supposed to be saying.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and state for the record that I believe that Senator McCain is beginning to show signs of Senior Dementia. Folks used to joke about Reagan in his second term (and even his first) but I really believe that if this man is elected that for reasons of health or mental disability he will not remain in office for even a single term. Even some Conservative columnists seem to realize what that might mean.

No comments: