Friday, May 13, 2005

Unless something of major import happens later today I only have a few quick comments.

With the infrastructure of New York seeming to self-destruct of late (i.e. the crumbling of a restraining wall on the Westside Highway stopping traffic yesterday) I think the city should worry about other things besides the Olympics and a new stadium for a second-rate football team. Okay, the last comment was a cheap shot from a Patriots fan. Sorry about that!

Also, this being an election year we should remember that apparently none of this is Mayor Mike's fault. Of course, it also wasn't Rudy's fault, because you don't want to criticize "America's Mayor." It must be Dave Dinkens...yeah, that's the ticket!

People keep reminding me that today is Friday the 13th. Besides being a fan of the movie series I can't say that the whole bad luck thing bothers me. Perhaps having been born on Dec. 13th (on a Wednesday, however) I've never found my luck changing for the worst just because of the calendar date.

2 comments:

Elayne said...

I thought the retaining wall was above Dyckman Street, which would make it the Henry Hudson rather than the West Side Highway. But whatever, I'm just being pedantic. :) So are you going to the Food Fest this weekend???

Steve Chaput said...

I confused the Riverside Drive with the Westside. My bad!

You know that I love the Food Festival, but family matters come first this year. Have a good time though!