Monday, May 09, 2005

Since I was able to hit Jim Hanley's Universe this past Saturday, I picked up a few freebies as part of the Free Comics Day promotion. I'll be reviewing them over at Shot's Shack for the next week or so, along with some stuff for which I actually paid. These include some promotional issues which went for $.25-$.50 and caught my eye.

Today I start with the SF tale, RUNNERS, which should appeal to the STAR WARS fans and others. It has a bit of the humor and adventure of the original SW film. I haven't wasn't disappointed at all and will be looking for the TPB which collects the first six issues of the series.

Hope folks enjoyed their weekend and had a chance to call or visit with their moms or mom-in-laws. Sadly, my own mom passed away just about three years ago and I miss her very much. Be sure to show your mom's that you appreciate what they have done for you. Even if you didn't get along with them or feel you've drifted apart over the years, you can never go back for one more hug once they have gone.

No comments: