Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I'm in agreement with Jerry Springer today (as appalling as that once would have been for me to admit), as I don't see any benefit to what the Democrats did yesterday. Senator Joe Lieberman, founding member of H.A.D. (Hardly A Democrat), states that the political center has held. With three ultra-conservative judges approved and the 'nuclear option' still available the first time the Dems show any backbone, what did "we" win?

The Administration and its allies will use this to move the judiciary further to the Right and you can bet that Roe v. Wade (amongst other issues) will be turned back, if not immediately within the year once a new Chief Justice steps over the body of the current one.

On an lighter note, why does it seem that every time I'm preparing for a flight anywhere there seems to be at least one airplane crash. The past few days we have witnessed two such events, and although they involved small craft it still makes me nervous. I think as I grow older my belief that man should fly becomes less sure. Back in my Navy days I didn't think twice about flying and actually enjoyed it. Perhaps it's that sense of my own mortality (or mistrust of the aviation industry) that has me giving second thoughts to the whole thing.

By the way, are fellow CSI:Miami fans as curious about last night's season finale as I am. We've seen the death of one cast member and the possible resignation of Calleigh. Is Emily Proctor returning next season? Hate to see the NRA's fave cover girl out of the picture, since she was really one of the more intriguing characters on the show. Along the same lines, I'm wondering which character will be written out of NAVY NCIS in tonight's that season ender. Sadly, my money is on Sean Murray (Agent Timothy McGee) as the team member likely to buy it. I'd hate to see it, but I think fan outrage would negate the other choices. Of course, the actor/actress could want out, so who really knows?

No comments: