Tuesday, February 22, 2005

It was a pretty hectic weekend, but everything seems to have gone off fairly well.

Folks who know me will tell you that I really cannot keep a secret. I do not have what you would call a 'poker face' and you can read my emotions pretty easily. Anyway, with all that I was still able to pull off very successful 'surprise birthday party' for my wife on Saturday. Naturally the biggest surprise for her was the appearance of her daughter, Kristina, who flew in from California to celebrate with us.

Ordering food and getting various stuff together for over twenty people would not have been possible without the aid of Donna's youngest sister, Marilyn and her brother George. My in-laws are some really great folks and we all did our best to make sure that Donna would not forget her fiftieth b-day.

I was able to get Donna out of the house on Saturday (so the place could be fixed up and food brought it) by taking her to the movies. We saw the new Will Smith comedy, HITCH, which was okay, but certainly nothing to rush out to see. Personally, I thought it was a bit too long in parts, with a scene between Smith and Eva Mendes (apparently showing just how vulnerable and selfless they both are) stopping everything in its tracks. You know, one of those scenes where you catch yourself glancing at your watch. Kevin James, who we like in his sitcom KING OF QUEENS was the best thing about the movie, in my opinion. The guy demonstrates that he can really act given the write script. Like to see him in more films, possibly even in a dramatic role.

2 comments:

Elayne said...

Glad the party went well, and I admit I'm a little jealous that you never did for your second wife what you did for your third. :)

Steve Chaput said...

I'd like to think that if you'd have had your 50th b-day while we were married I would have done just the same. :-)