Wednesday, January 12, 2005

It truly is amazing the amount of fluid the human body produces when trying to rid itself of illness. For the past six days I've been suffering from an upper respiratory infection (as my doctor calls it) and have been laid up at home. I'd probably have used some of that time to read some blogs or even post something, but between the effects of the illness itself and the drowsiness brought on by the medication I really didn't do much except sleep or try to watch day-time television.

Lord knows what I would have done if I was restricted to the blandness of basic cable, but Direct TV let me enjoy hours of movies and reruns of old favorites. The best was having back-to-back episodes of PERRY MASON on the Hallmark Channel every afternoon. I know I've spoken about my fondness for this series before, but it really is a treat not only to see how Perry gets the actual murderer to jump up at the last moment, but also to see the number of actors and actresses in small roles who went on to larger roles after appearing on the show. Also, as with the 'guest stars' who showed up in the later made-for-TV movies with Raymond Burr, it is a kick to see folks who were even then well known appearing in roles, often quite different from what we'd come to expect.

Well, I'm feeling better now so it's back to work and back to watching Prime Time.

No comments: