Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I don't think that anybody was surprised that the Senate panel would rubber stamp the nomination of Condoleezza Rice. It was nice to see that at least Democrats had the courage to make at least some token resistance. Of course, the GOP toadies will say it was sour grapes on the part of John Kerry. Barbara Boxer also displayed her usual tenacity by calling Rice to account for her past mistakes (which of course Rice wouldn't admit to).

Is it me, or is there something 'creepy' about Rice? I hope that nobody will take it as either racist or sexist, but there has always been something about her which makes me uneasy. As with Dick Cheney, you get the idea that she feels herself superior to those around her and that she is unanswerable for any of her past deeds or comments. Also, like several others in the ruling cabal, she reeks of insincerely in many of her pronouncements.

Like others, I'm doing my best to ignore the upcoming coronation gala, with some hope that there will be just enough disruption to make folks remember that there was no mandate in November.

No comments: