Friday, August 15, 2003

I'd like to begin with a Fair and Balanced overview of how things went here yesterday.

We survived the BLACKOUT OF 2003 (which I plan to copyright, so Fox News take notice), pretty much uneffected. The lights flicked and all the computer terminals in the library had to be rebooted. Fortunately, the only major inconvenience were some of the traffic lights along Campbell Ave. (the main street here in West Haven) got screwed up and you had to take your chances with flashing red signals. Otherwise, everything remained normal.

I feel for those friends in the New York metro area, since Donna and I heard from family members in Brooklyn and they had no power at all. As of this morning (8:40am Eastern Time) it has been reported that only about 20% of New Yorkers have power. The subways are completely down and many of the commuter rail lines are only working on limited schedules. Donna and I had plans to go into the city this weekend, but we decided to stay home where things are (at the moment) running normally.

This has been my own Fair and Balanced report of the events of BLACKOUT OF 2003 (copyright Steve Chaput). Later!

No comments: